Can't find cyps or gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm having trouble finding a store that has at least ten cyps (preferably tricolor). Does anybody know of one? I'm also trying to get an eretmodotus and a callochromis stapersi.
Thanks!

I just ordered the rest of my community from Dave - he doesn't have cyps or gobies. I'll check the other link. Thanks!

The other store - they only have 5 cyps. Says they lost their source for buying tangs.

Wetspot will likely find another source so keep checking with them. Dave's stock also changes weekly, I bet he'll get some back in.

I'll keep my eye open for another source.

When you find the Cyps, let me know where you get them. I noticed they are hard to find, too. But I did see them. I just never bookmarked any of it! If I see them again, I'll post where.

I ordered from wetspottropicalfish.com before. I had a good experience. Everyone was alive and healthy. Tank was new and I didn't lose one. They are all growing up fast and looking good.

I'll let you know if I see a goby, too. I'm going slow so you're ahead of me. I just ordered my first ones. :) Not sure when I'll add more yet.

I *might* be able to get my hands on some eretmodus cyanostictus F1 fry, but f I am able to, they won't be exactly cheap, like $15 plus shipping

Thanks! I've left some messages with them too. It looks like there are a handful of cyp varieties available at SIcichlids pricelist, and they confirmed that they have some, but I'm waiting to hear back which ones they have a group of 9 or 10. They also have tanginicodus irsicae, which I guess I'd be just as happy with as an eretmodus.

My final step is finding a sandsifter. SIcichlids has ophthalmotilapia ventralis, but I'm worried they may be too big or possibly need more space than my rock-filled 75g has to offer in comparison with the smaller callochromis stapersi I had been searching for. Thoughts? How about a pair of caudopunctatus -- I found some on aquabid.

I asked about the Caudos before and was told they may work. I seen them, too. That's where I looked them up from after seeing them. Pretty fish. From what I read they look to play well with others. They use the rocks more and are smaller. They don't look to need the space and sand as much as ventralis. But, are they monogamous and you can only keep 2? They are also always displaying, constantly, so would be great to look at.

ophthalmotilapia ventralis is very pretty also and I asked about them, too and was told they would be a possibility and to give it a try. They get pretty big 6" and should only have one male in the tank - from what I read. If you got these, I would probably get a small amount, 1M/3F Looks like these guys will also make a nest of sand on a flat rock, too!

Oh read this, if you haven't already on them: "Ophthalmotilapia ventralis are generally found in the transitional zone between the rocky shores and the sandy bottom around the coastline of Lake Tanganyika. While female fish spend a lot of time in shoals up in the water column feeding on plankton, dominant male fish defend territories high up among the rocks but also lower down on flat rocks. These cichlid fish do not build elaborate nests in the wild but appear to like having some sand strewn across the spawning site.

In the aquarium, a male O. ventralis is always trying to energetically persuade female fish to spawn. This would be too much for just one female fish to cope with, so purchase one male and at least three females. It is easy to tell male and female fish apart, even with subadults."

Back
Top Bottom