Can't tell if my cichlids is holding or not

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

james1085

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I looked up the signs of them holding and saw that they almost look like there eating which is what she looks like she's doing ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439678875.579894.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439678926.158615.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Why did you post the same picture 4 times in a row??

Also, thats a cool looking fish.

In response to your actual question; i have no idea about any African Cichla.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Awesome fish! I don't know if she's holding or not, just wanted to say she looks great!

Hmm, I may have to reevaluate what mine is.

Edit: nope, obviously not what mine is and I have to disagree on that ID for this fish. I'm standing by a female OB peacock.

100% Positive that this fish is not in the genus aulonocara and is in fact a Malawian hap, particularly of the genus nimbochromis.

Juvenile/female nimbochromis polystigma coloring:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439769300.549113.jpg

When you're googling, you're getting pictures of males mostly, not females or juveniles

Last edited:
I know basically nothing but the size of the spots as well as the dorsal represent what TMRC says the best.

I would have to agree with him based on pictures, but again what do i know :p

Also the fact that the image isnt that awesome mighg be throwing people off...??

Meow ?

Look at your post, #11. Now look at my post #10. Which one is the OPs fish?

I stand by what my ID. You'll stand by yours. Won't know until the OP actually responds more than likely. Those pictures are quite blurry

I 100% do believe it is a hap, hence the striping on the dorsal fin, thicker lips, and speckling within the blotched on the side, as well as the blotches forming laterally organized lines on the side of the fish

We own this exact fish and that is exactly the pic that TMRC posted. And IMO she does look like she is holding.

Really we will just have to hope for more photos. Then again the op may know exactly what she is and inform us all. Sure looks like my ob to me but if she turns to the side and has the body/head shape of that hap then by all means my mistake.

We own this exact fish and that is exactly the pic that TMRC posted. And IMO she does look like she is holding.

Do u know how long they usually take until they spit

Back
Top Bottom