Chichilds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkA123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 28 gallon euro aquarium with sand substrate, 150 watt stealth pro heater, penguin 150 bio filter, 4 big black stones, digital LCD themometer, canopy and 17 watt light. I currently have a female veiltale betta in the tank. It's a long story I planned on doing a fishless cycle bought the ammonia but before I put it in my betta got extremely sick in it's other tank so I had to put it in the 28 gal. I want some albino Cory catfish, a school of them, and I was wondering about chichilds. Everyones always talking about them and it has it's own forum category dedicated to chichilds so I though I'd look into them. What chichilds can I put in my tank? It has to be very peaceful and get along with any fish I put in my community tank and pretty small. My stocking plan is my female betta and 8 albino Cory catfish is there any chichilds that I can put in my tank? And are they freshwater or brackish they have to be freshwater for my tank the albinoes are sensitive to salt. Thanks

Well most cichlids are going to be too aggressive to put in general community type tank, and anyways many of them require much different water parameters than what your typical community fish need. So your options are quite limited.

If you have water on the soft/acidic side, a pair of German Blue Rams (or the Gold Ram color morph) might work. But they are pretty sensitive fish and will not last long if your tank conditions aren't right. But they are the only ones I can think of; most other cichlids either get too large, would be far too aggressive, or require unusual water conditions.

Maybe someone else can think of a species I'm forgetting.

Ok thanks my test kit hasn't arrived so I don't know my ph it's hose water so it doesn't have any salt and my albinos don't like very acidic water so ill take my water to petco tommirow for a test. Looks like cuckolds aren't going to work out for my tank. Thanks please post if you think of any other cichlids for my tank I was just curious about them they seem popular and my petco doesn't know much about them.
Well most cichlids are going to be too aggressive to put in general community type tank, and anyways many of them require much different water parameters than what your typical community fish need. So your options are quite limited.

If you have water on the soft/acidic side, a pair of German Blue Rams (or the Gold Ram color morph) might work. But they are pretty sensitive fish and will not last long if your tank conditions aren't right. But they are the only ones I can think of; most other cichlids either get too large, would be far too aggressive, or require unusual water conditions.

Maybe someone else can think of a species I'm forgetting.

Back
Top Bottom