chichlid food ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

littledevil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
any clues what would be the best I could give them :lol: so far been feeding them on tetratec pellet food which they like and the aquarian flake ??

i agree with ryan, NLS is a very good food for cichlids. I feed my peacocks NLS cichlid pellets and wardley cichlid flakes.

i would go with nls its the best food on the market and lets the colour of your fish come out more beautiful and enhanced but there is no hormones.

Do you mean a Mbuna and a Peacock? Peacocks are Malawi cichlids. Most Mbuna are herbivores and should be fed a less meaty diet, while Peacocks are more carnivorous and need a more meaty diet. So it does make a difference. What kind of Mbuna (if thats what you meant) do you have?

The NLS is a good food for both, but it would help to know what kind of fish you have.

malawi and a peacock did not know it made a difference and orange zebra
and a blue cobalt
It does make a difference as JOM pointed out. Adding fresh veggies once a week will also add variety and the occasional frozen food meal.

Menagerie said:
malawi and a peacock did not know it made a difference and orange zebra
and a blue cobalt
It does make a difference as JOM pointed out. Adding fresh veggies once a week will also add variety and the occasional frozen food meal.

its the yellow lab

Yellow labs are more omnivorous than most mbuna. Even so I like to keep them on a typical mbuna diet, which is primarily a vegeterian diet. If you mix up your foods they will have more than enough variety to meet their needs. I feed a combination of the following:

NLS Cichlid Formula (pellets)
Omega One Cichlid Flakes
Omega One Veggie Flakes
Ken's Cichlid pellets
Fresh veggie (mostly zucchini)

Back
Top Bottom