Chilids Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erictheengstrom

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Are there any community fish that will do well in tank? I'm asking because I have a 55 gallon tank with community fish most at least 2.5 inches. Does size matter?

There are quite a few cichlids that can be kept with community fish. If your fish are only 2.5 in. Rams, and kribs will do fine, but not really sure what your looking for.

What type of cichlids are you asking about. There are a broad range of cichlids.

Really any cichlids. I know I should avoid the Oscar, had one with a buddy in his tank and that thing ate everything. I have a 3 inch fancy tail Molly, two gouramis one 2.5 inch the other 3 inches, a 2.5 inch platy (he's a little beast, chinese algae eater , 2 Dalmatian mollies roughly 2.5 to 3 inches, and a balloon Molly and tetra only two I'm worried about but can move them to separate tank.

I have a jewel cichlid (electric blue variety) in my community planted tank. She does well in there. I have lost one of my glowlight tetras, but there's no proof my jewel ate it.

remy the cook said:
would one white severum kill my entire rainbow tank?

I have a gold and green severum in my 60 planted community. The two are actually doing quite well.

Back
Top Bottom