Chimba Türkis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have a picture of cyprichromis leptosoma Chimba Türkis?

As far as I know these are non-jumbo leptos. I've been told a small school should work in my 4-foot tank.

Yea it's iffy. You need at least 6 and that's as small as you can go 12 and up is much better also they are very active fast swimmers.

Yea it's iffy. You need at least 6 and that's as small as you can go 12 and up is much better also they are very active fast swimmers.

Cyps are picky, you can give it a shot, but be prepared to drop at minimum $100 on a proper school and don't be upset if you end up losing the money lol I've seen them work in a 75, but I've also seen them not work in a 75. Also, if you start looking into the less common collection points, expect the price to rise greatly, cyps in general are expensive, rare cyps are gonna be an arm and a leg

Cyps are picky, you can give it a shot, but be prepared to drop at minimum $100 on a proper school and don't be upset if you end up losing the money lol I've seen them work in a 75, but I've also seen them not work in a 75. Also, if you start looking into the less common collection points, expect the price to rise greatly, cyps in general are expensive, rare cyps are gonna be an arm and a leg

spot on..

Also, your peacocks will compete with the cyps for the open swimming space, as well as the rock work when the lights to out, I see them being money down the drain in the long run unfortunately. Your best chance would be to lose the peacocks, then try the cyps

I'm actually down to only a few male peacocks. I traded all my females to the LFS last week.

Do cyps really park themselves in the rockwork at night like peacocks do? I hadn't heard that yet.

Do cyps really park themselves in the rockwork at night like peacocks do? I hadn't heard that yet.

Most species of fish do, especially those who aren't predators. Cyps are very jumpy too. I would expect them to defiantly go into hiding. In the wild they are preyed on by frontosa and other large fish

Most species of fish do, especially those who aren't predators. Cyps are very jumpy too. I would expect them to defiantly go into hiding. In the wild they are preyed on by frontosa and other large fish
There's a reason they're commonly called sardine cichlids, they not only look like them, but they also are in huge schools and are eaten by basically everything lol

There's a reason they're commonly called sardine cichlids, they not only look like them, but they also are in huge schools and are eaten by basically everything lol

Indeed. Fish will be more active though when cups are in the tank. Simply because if the cups are out it must be safe.

Back
Top Bottom