Cichild trouble :-(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So about a month ago I got 4 cichilds... I have them in a 20 gallon (I know it's too small) in still waiting on my friend to come get 2 of them but not sure if she is now or not but something has to be done.. They were all the same size but. Now 2 are bigger and other two are still same size... I separated the sizes bc the small yellow one was getting his tait nipped ... Now I noticed that the two big ones that I had together the blue one has nipped one of the under fins on the big yellow one... Ao I went ahead and put all. Back together.... What do I do now? The big blue one(which is a female) still keeps chasing them all... Need help please!!

I would recommend you to either give them away who would have a better home (bigger tank) for them. Cichlids are no way able to survive in a 20 gallon assuming that they are neither kribensis or GBR.

If you do not have any friend aquarists near by, you could always return them to a LFS for store credit.

They need a bigger tank ASAP, or take them to a local fish store, you are only going to have problems at this point unfortunately...

My closest friend is hour half away and already bailed on me once... And I thought u had 15 days to take them back and couldnt after that? I got them from PetSmart

Back
Top Bottom