Cichlid advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convictkim

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I have a 100ltr set up and cycled after moving my community fish into a 200ltr recently. I was thinking about 2 male convict cichlid in the 100ltr for now. Would they show aggression towards each other, if so can i keep one convict on its own. I would welcome any suggestion for an alternative. I'm looking for personality and a bit of aesthetics. Can can go either way, pretty or beastly..ha. am I asking too much. Pleas help. Btw I'm keeping 2 silver dollar, 2 Gourami, 3 Siamese flying fox, 1 pictus catfish, 1 Cory sterbai, 1 bristlenose, 5 whieskirt tetra, 3 pristella tetra, 2 platys and 3 MYSTERY snails in the 200ltr. All very happy and getting along fine. Is a cichlid right for me? Thanks for any suggestions. :thanks:

You might be better off posting this on the cichlids or freshwater section. Its currently in saltwater and reef section, so might not be seen by people who can help.

I would not recommend 2 Male Convicts because one will be harassed do to territory and hierarchy.

Back
Top Bottom