cichlid food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjmds97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What are the best brands for cichlid foods as far as the pellets and flake go, also I was looking at new life spectrum and it seems they only have sinking pellets, why is that? It seems to me that it would just make the tank dirty besides the few that they catch as they fall it would just sit on the bottom and rot. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks =)

I feed NLS to all my fish, theres a label on the flakes that states it can't support larger fish due to the lower nutritional valve when compared to pellets. Pellets are much easier, cleaner, and nutritionaly balanced. If your seeing uneaten food the plain and simple truth is your overfeeding, make sure you use a pellet the fish can swallow without chewing. They also make floating pellets but just in the larger sizes.

NLS, Omega One, Dainchini, Hikari, and Ken's are my top five in that order.

Last edited:
i used omega one then switched to NLS and the fish are addicted with the NLS the color improves also when feeding.So I would do NLS.

Back
Top Bottom