Cichlid help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can i put 2 convict cichlids together? Or any other type of cichlids with my cichlid.

Tank size?
Inhabitants?
Decor?
Sex of said convict(s)?
Does the size really matter that much? im just worryed about teritorial problems.
Also, i suppose it is a female convict, since when i got it, there was 3 in the tank.

The size of the tank. Like 4 feet, 6 feet.

Like 4 feet by 2 feet etc etc etc.

Plus IMO decor doesn't really play a role in what you want.

You can add firemouths they are nice cichlids.

Firemouth Cichlid - Thorichthys meeki

This is for your 75 or 90?
actually, i got a used aquarium, that is a 105gallon from my step dad. That's the one he is in right now.

Is he the only fish in it? If so if you put a second convict in there and if it make a pair. Those two will
Stock the tank for you in no time.

Last edited:
Just to describe footprint in an easier way is the:
length X width not including the height.
A tank of 3ft long by 2ft wide would have a footprint of 3ft x 2ft

Hmmmm mixing the continents isn't the best idea. I know I am right now but the situation couldn't be helped and the oscars have a future home themselves. I think I would go with a different cichlid.

For the record, an Oscar IS a cichlid.

And the reason I say decor is important is because if the tank is bare, many cichlids will get stressed. Or if it's filled with holey rock or lace rock, it'll up the pH, or lower it with driftwood

For the record, an Oscar IS a cichlid.

And the reason I say decor is important is because if the tank is bare, many cichlids will get stressed. Or if it's filled with holey rock or lace rock, it'll up the pH, or lower it with driftwood

Ok.........

It's only 2"now but before you know it, you'll have a monster on your hands. Might I suggest peacock cichlids?

As I mentioned you can add fire mouth cichlids or even JD's.

We have both in the tank at the firehouse. The convicts get crazy aggressive. I love those guys lol. Convicts ya just can't kill those things. There not fish. There not from this planet lol. There MONSTERS!!

As I mentioned you can add fire mouth cichlids or even JD's.

We have both in the tank at the firehouse. The convicts get crazy aggressive. I love those guys lol. Convicts ya just can't kill those things. There not fish. There not from this planet lol. There MONSTERS!!

Totally agree bro!!

Back
Top Bottom