Cichlid id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flipmikeskater3

Aquarium Advice Freak
It a couple great deals on some African cichlids at my LFS they were just label a variety African cichlids anybody have any idea of what they may be?

Attachments

• image-148139010.jpg
    image-148139010.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 76
  • image-847527958.jpg
    image-847527958.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 89
Another pic of the blue one, it's so hard to get good pics of them on my phone! They are so fast and they are begging for food lol

The second one is a male kenyi, not sure on the other guy.

The first could possibly be a Labidochromis species, just can't make out enough detail for a good ID.

The second fish is an OB red zebra, Maylandia estherae, not a kenyi. Male kenyi are more yellow and the striping is perfect. The striping usually extends into the dorsal fin, as well. The fish in the pic is too orange, the dark markings are blotched and irregular, and there are few markings in the dorsal, and what is there is irregular.

WYite

Wyomingite said:
The first could possibly be a Labidochromis species, just can't make out enough detail for a good ID.

The second fish is an OB red zebra, Maylandia estherae, not a kenyi. Male kenyi are more yellow and the striping is perfect. The striping usually extends into the dorsal fin, as well. The fish in the pic is too orange, the dark markings are blotched and irregular, and there are few markings in the dorsal, and what is there is irregular.

WYite

I google OB red zebra and defenetly agree with that, I'm gonna try to get some better pics of the blue one

Back
Top Bottom