Cichlid in with community fish- possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
First off, its not what you think. I have a paralyzed johanni, maybe 3 inches big living in a 10g tank. He has been like this since the beginning of the year so he can't really swim since he has no control over his back half. He still eats good and comes to the front of the tank when I get near him. I really didn't expect him to hold on for so long.

The question is, can I put him in a 20L that I'm upgrading my neons to? Or is that a bad idea? Trying to get him some buddies and get rid of an extra 10g tank that houses just him. :)

Thanks for any input!!

Thats' what I was thinking. He can barely catch food. lol But I ws worried what would happen if he did catch one....probably eat it?

Don't do it. IMO, it would stress the fish out having all those active little fish in there that it would typically destroy... and it's very possible it could eat them anyways. They just don't belong together, sick or not.

Ahh it was just a thought. :-D

I hate seeing him in there all by himself. But OK, no moving him. he will live out his days in his tank by himself. Poor thing....

Back
Top Bottom