Cichlid newbie needs help with 125 g!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Here

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I recently acquired a 125g to replace my 55 and after it finishes cycling I plan to move my cichlids from the one tank to the other. I currently have 3 each of labidochromis caeruleus, pseudotropheus crabro, and maylandia lombardoi. I know I need to add at least 2 females to each group, but after that, where else should I head with my stocking? Not sure what information I need to go so I will try to promtly answer any questions I can.

Hey guys, I recently acquired a 125g to replace my 55 and after it finishes cycling I plan to move my cichlids from the one tank to the other. I currently have 3 each of labidochromis caeruleus, pseudotropheus crabro, and maylandia lombardoi. I know I need to add at least 2 females to each group, but after that, where else should I head with my stocking? Not sure what information I need to go so I will try to promtly answer any questions I can.

Personally I would get rid of the yellow labs just because the kenyi will replace that yellow once you add more.

Here is an article about stocking if you haven't seen it yet.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/lake-malawi-mbuna-stocking-dcor-hardware/

That article was wrote on staying at 5" or less of an adult size mbuna. I would try to stay around 25-30 because of the bees. If you add more bigger fish then what you have now then I'd drop that number. But 5 of 5 different species in a 125 would be a good starting point. Also with the bees and kenyi I'd try picking mbuna that's more listed in the aggressive category or ones the can swing both ways (mild or aggressive)

Back
Top Bottom