Cichlid Tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LilBangarang

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I've had a 40 gallon tank with some cichlids and other assorted fish for about a year. Everything has been going great. Had one or two tank health problems but I straightened it out quickly. My cichlids are doing great but I want to know something. Are there any really good ways to promote cichlid growth. I feed them all hikari foods as well as some frozen foods (I've even made my own :)) Other than maintaining a clean tank and feeding well are there any tips and tricks on getting the big, healthy cichlids of my dreams.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

All though a healthy diet does help, I find that multiple water changes a week help promote growth more so then anything else.

I just bought some Grammodes yesterday (2") they will get multiple wc's weekly for at least for the next 6-8 months.

Hard work and dedication sure pays off. Hence why you hear keeping fish is a "hobby" as opposed to a "pet".

Sounds like your taking good care of them. Just stay patient. They will grow in time.

Good luck. :)

Thank you. I have 2 yellow labs and 3 malawi eye biters with loaches and a clown plec. I know I need a bigger tank and I'm working on that. I will be ready to get one when it becomes necessary. I'm 14 so I understandably don't have much money but I've been looking around for a 75 gallon and should be able to get it soon.

Be careful! Those compressiceps are highly predatory and may decide to gulp those labs down depending on the size of everyone!

Back
Top Bottom