cichlids, and cichlids trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MisticX

Aquarium Advice Freak
well, my story is a sad one, and i turn to you guys for advice

12 january
i place an order with Arizona Aquatic Gardens
404redirect
9 fish, 8 plants, snails, food ... total 135$

the fish were supposed to be a gift for my wife that LOVES the yellow electric, with the occasion of our (1st) pregnancy.

28 january
the package arrives, i am not home, so my wife opens it to take the fish out.
disaster, all fish, all plants, all snails ... dead (frozen)

after 10 days trying i finally manage to reach a sales person at AAG, they tell me the package hit the us/canada border the 16th, so that it is no longer their responsibility. I am supposed to check with Post Canada.

trouble is that the EXPRESS stamp on my post canada package has been half torn apart, and that there was no insurance on the package.

what do you guys think? should i waste my time trying to get some money off of the post ? i tried calling a couple of times but got bored waiting in line.

ALSO do you guys have ANY other good cichlids online shop that sells good breed cichlids ?

How did you pay? If paypal or credit card contact the companies. Usually they will help mediate. I would talk to Canada post to see what they say, what do you have to lose?

For Canada I recommend Spencer Jack. Elvis Night is this Friday! The aFISHionados and the Aquarium Society of Winnipeg present Charley Grimes

Unless you are getting overnight air in Canada at this time of year I wouldn't ship livestock. If it were summer I could ship you some yellows. Mine breed frequently and I never allow the babies to interbreed with the parents so they are good quality yellows. Spencer ships overnight West Jet

Last edited:
Get ahold of the CC company and check out Spencer's site while you are at it. Click on the fish lists and you will see the fish he has currently. You can also get on a mailing list that he sends out via email with his fish availability.

Back
Top Bottom