Cichlids and rainbow sharks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricco34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gallon malawi tank with red zebras, a kenyi, a livingstonii, and peacocks along with 2 plecos. All together I have 8 fish and a ton of hiding places and they all get along well. They're also 3 inches. Could I put a rainbow shark or 2? Here's the tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398012230.395412.jpg

I've tried the combination. My Mbuna and rainbow shark got a long for a while, but eventually they killed the rainbow shark.

I have a rainbow shark in my African tank, but DO NOT get two. Only one in a tank, they are very aggressive to their own kind. Also depending on it size it could get messed up pretty quick by the Kenyi's. I had my Rainbow shark with a breeding pair or Kenyi's but they went into the tank the same size.
Anyone new in an established African tank will be seen as an intruder, and treated as such for the first couple of days until they forget. So if the rainbow shark lasts that long (they are great hiders) you might be ok.

Back
Top Bottom