Cichlids in 25 or 30 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey, my uncle has a 25 or 30 gal tank ( he doesn't know exactly) that he offered to give me, and I was wondering if I could get any cichlids that will be good in that size tank. I was thinking maybe shell dwellers? I don't know much about cichlids so I got some reaserching to do before I get some if I get some.

Yeah, several actually. SA dwarves, shellies, kribs, and several others. Do you know how long the tank is? That may open it up to some more suggestions from others.

Hmmm okay good to know. And no we just talked about it briefly last night. And were could I find SD's and how much are they normally?

I assume you are meaning shell dwellers when you say SD's? If so, multis, brevis, and occies seem to be the most common. I've never seen any in an LFS though. You'd probably have to look online, I'm sure aquabid has them.

im in illinois. i know they have some cichlids but idk what exact kinds. and it is a 30 gallon. its taller than it is long soo would cichlids still be a good idea? i feel like i would be able to have more variety with a community tank instead cuz u cant put many other fish with cichlids right?

The Aquarium Adventure in Bolingbrook has SD. I saw some there about ten days ago. They didn't have very many of em tho.

Back
Top Bottom