Cichlids still dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AprilMartinez

Aquarium Advice Activist
This bumblebee was in perfect health yesterday. I came home from work and this is what I found. What is going on?

Attachments

• image-392631391.jpg
    image-392631391.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 120
  • image-1666652720.jpg
    image-1666652720.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2439430247.jpg
    image-2439430247.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 113
I've got bumblebee's, demasoni, auratis, moori, acei, Frontosa. Everyone is being killed like that. My 120g has dwindled in the last month. I've found so many dead, mostly with their eyes missing and small chunks out of their sides. All of them are the same size like this one in the pic. Except the demasoni of course. I've got tons of rock and plants for everyone to hide in. I don't get it. They were all fine with each other for months until recently.

AprilMartinez said:
I've got bumblebee's, demasoni, auratis, moori, acei, Frontosa. Everyone is being killed like that. My 120g has dwindled in the last month. I've found so many dead, mostly with their eyes missing and small chunks out of their sides. All of them are the same size like this one in the pic. Except the demasoni of course. I've got tons of rock and plants for everyone to hide in. I don't get it. They were all fine with each other for months until recently.

Sounds like one of your fish has reached the breaking point where it's not getting along. I don't have much info on each fish to give you. Only thing I can say is maybe try to watch your tank for a while and see if you see the aggressor. Defiantly a bully at work.

Jason7894561230 said:
I reckon its the Auratis, very mean fish. Any chance of mmybe setting a camera up to see whats happeneing?

Either get a camera or pop a bag of popcorn and sit in the dark watching!!

Yea could be any one of them like every one else said try to find out who's the aggressor is.

The op said it's a 120 g. I had 2 Auratis for about 24 hours. They caused such a fighting in my tank, I returned them to the pet store. I bought them with the advice of the pet store. After I returned them they got pissed and said if I buy anymore fish their will be no returns or refunds. They knew the temperament of those fish and are not selling many because of their aggressiveness.

My guess is the auratus, even though I've only had problems with them hating each other. My male decided to kill his mate so I now have the male and some smaller juvies at the moment. He doesn't seem to be interested in other species in the tank at all.

I hope you continue to have good luck with them. When I bought them they were large fish about the same as my other fish. Maybe it was just my tank mates.

bcurlacher54 said:
My guess is the auratus, even though I've only had problems with them hating each other. My male decided to kill his mate so I now have the male and some smaller juvies at the moment. He doesn't seem to be interested in other species in the tank at all.

They are more aggressive thowards fish that look like them like my auratus hates my joanni and only chases him, the joanni chases other fish also lol in my tank its like a circle of chasing he might chase him and get chased by another fish. That's y I chose all aggressive species.

LOL well it's working for you. I was worried my fish would be killed
by them. I hope it continues to go well for you.

Back
Top Bottom