Cichlids tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenyJenz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
African cichlids with a crawfish?

African cichlids with dwarf frogs ?

African cichlids with turtle?

Sorry if they sound ridic but I'm a noob!

~JenyJenz

Assuming your talking about malawi peacocks or mbuna.

Crawfish - maybe, I really don't know...
Frogs - No, mbuna would kill them and they wouldn't get any food.
Turtle - I've never kept turtles but I've seen a red eared slider kept with SA cichlids with success, I guess it depends on the turtle and if the fish are big/fast/smart enough to avoid getting eaten.

Hope this helps. :)

JenyJenz said:
African cichlids with a crawfish?

African cichlids with dwarf frogs ?

African cichlids with turtle?

Sorry if they sound ridic but I'm a noob!

~JenyJenz

Crawfish - if there is enough swimming room for fish crawfish will not eat fish and if he is hungry the. He might attack the cichlids.

Dwarf frog- nope African cichlids will eat them!

Turtle- at my ear doctor they have turtles and African cichlids not Malawi though.
Doesn't really sound ridic I ask these questions sometimes!

i dont think a turtle or crayfish is a good idea,and dwarf frogs would be food faster than flakes. depending on the size,the cray could get a few beore it gets eaten. ive heard of red eared sliders and jack dempseys,but i think a large part of that is luck

i have seen a few setups with turtles included. i think it can work but would be quite difficult to maintain and setup. frogs and crayfish i would say definitely not.

i have seen a few setups with turtles included. i think it can work but would be quite difficult to maintain and setup. frogs and crayfish i would say definitely not.

the only ones ive seen have been jack dempseys,which are sa not african,and get bigger

Back
Top Bottom