Cleaning up waste

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What kind of aquarium decor do you prefer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are you referring cleaning the substrate and water changes? If so I think the majority of us use a Python cleaning system. This makes tank maintenance and water changes a absolute breeze, worth it's weight in gold IMO.

Python No Spill Aquarium Gravel Cleaners & Accessories

+1 on the Python. In reference to the poll I prefer rocks in my tank but that is just because of the type of fish I'm keeping.

Another good cleaning item is a quality UV sterilizer. It has no direct impact on waste that I know of. But it helps keep the water as clean as it can get by stopping algae blooms and killing off other bad bacteria and single celled critters as well. I was amazed at how much cleaner looking the tank got after I put it in.

Just thought of something else; I have a couple of friends that place a power head in there tanks that aim behind there decor. It goes on for about 10 min a day to stir up any excess waste giving it a chance to get pulled out by the filtration system. Depending on the set up I know this can be effective.

I'm confused. The poll is about decor, the question is about cleaning...

To answer the question, I almost totally agree with HUKIT, though I disagree about it being worth it's weight in gold. It is worth entirely more than that.

I love my python too!! Instead of using water to siphon, I let it go into a drain downstairs in winter ( and a bucket for houseplants) and in summer I drain it outside on my garden and plants :) but it would depend on your set ups I guess. It makes it easy to recycle  I tied into the washer hot and cold and put in a faucet Just for this 

Back
Top Bottom