Cloudy tank need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regan_tyler

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 100 gallon Cichlid tank the keeps getting extremely cloudy I've changed that water several times, took out all the decorations and cleaned the canister filter, changed the gravel. I've tried everything I can think of but it still gets cloudy.

Need some more info. Where u keep the tank? Avoid such place where direct sunlight reach. u can Use seachem clarity.it will help. Do u have activated carbon in ur canister filter? If no U can use it.if yes then change it. Beside this do not over feed ur fish. Give that much food what ur fish finish in few mins. Hope this info help

How old is it? Keep the lights on all day? Near a window?

If it isn't an old tank then it is cycling.

If it is a bacteria bloom. That with milky water it clears up in a while. Took me 2 weeks

I ha same prob!cleaned filter been good .i used to leave my light on more and had more cloudly water then now i only put light o ccouple hrs and leave off for couple days

Patience is a must with tanks... Cloudiness is good for new tanks as the bacteria is establishing. The water is not going to stay clean and clear forever.

Back
Top Bottom