Clown knife fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yrnmurray

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Rookie to aquariums big brother talked me into it had it for about a month I recently added a clown knife fish about 12 hours ago any suggestions about what would be the best food for it ? Thanks in advance

Most eat whatever fits in their mouth.
Probably only live food and possibly at night as they can be pretty nocturnal.
What size is your tank?
My last clown knife lasted over 7 years....

Most eat whatever fits in their mouth.
Probably only live food and possibly at night as they can be pretty nocturnal.
What size is your tank?
My last clown knife lasted over 7 years....

Ik it's small but a 40gal it's swimming and seems to be ok just want it to eat though

As far as feeding, clown knife fish are primarily piscavores, and fairly picky eaters. You may want to look for a ready source of feeder guppies or similar. It may possibly take pieces of raw shrimp, krill, etc, but it may also refuse.
A 40g tank is WAY too small though. They can get to sizes over 36" in the wild, and over 24" in aquariums. By the time it reaches 6-7" it will be completely miserable and stressed in so small a tank. IMO, if you intend to keep it (Who wouldn't? They're amazing fish), you may want to look at upgrading to at least a 120g tank, with larger being better.

I'm most definitely going to upgrade going to start looking for a new tank ASAP thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom