colorful fish for 75 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diesel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to add one more fish in my 75 gallon with my 7" Oscar and 3" male Convict.

What are some nice colorful fish or bottom dweller that I can add??

yo yo loaches, Kuhli loaches, red tailed blue loaches are some stuff that have interesting/nice colors

IMO thats ill-advised.
Unless these loaches are big enough not to fit (in any way) in your O's or Con's mouths then they will be snacks. Depending on your fishes personality and reaction to new tankmates they may be left alone, curiously pecked at, harassed or just outright attacked-n-killed.

Now you have two messy eaters/poopers in your 75gal tank, neither is fullgrown...
Yet.
But when they are (and they grow fast) you'll be just about right on your stock. Any other fish which are big-n-feisty enough to deal with a full grown O-n-Con will IMO overstock your tank. Its better to have happy fish with plenty of room for swimming, territory and a bio-load which doesn't keep you trying to just keep up water parameters-n-tank maintenance.

SerLunchbox I have never had Oscars, but I have had Kuhli loaches in a community tank. I was just wondering if the oscar would treat the Kuhli's like spagetti. :slurp:

Back
Top Bottom