Colorful tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my tank I have the following
Frontosa
Compressiceps
Bichardi
Clavus
Syndo

I want to add some other colors.. As you can see I have plenty of blue (frontosa) and yellow (copress and daffodil bichardi)..
Can I add some Haps? Which species? I want to keep it Tanganyikan. Thanks guys!

Haps aren't tangs? They're Malawian. What about cyprichromis? Or a larger group of tropheus, although I think you're already too maxed out on bioload for the group size necessary to keep their aggression down

Haps aren't tangs? They're Malawian. What about cyprichromis? Or a larger group of tropheus, although I think you're already too maxed out on bioload for the group size necessary to keep their aggression down

I was thinking about cryprichromis. I just want to get some ideas if some fish people have had success with. I'm worried about fun nipping and fonts eating fish that are to small.

When people talk about "Haps" they can also be referring to Haplochromis sp. that are endemic to Lake Victoria .

Neolamprologus leupi is a nice bright fish that most cichlids don't bother

Well if its those kinda haps, maybe some neyeri or zebra obliqidens (can't spell this morning, sorry) to get you that red color? If I'm correct, paracyprochromis are much larger, just not sure on their availability, I know my LFS has a breeding group, but it's in their hatchery which is filled with unique and rare species

Back
Top Bottom