Community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, are there any kinds of cichlids that aren't aggressive and would go well in a 120g community tank with fish like neon tetras and cory cats?

Hello, are there any kinds of cichlids that aren't aggressive and would go well in a 120g community tank with fish like neon tetras and cory cats?
You could try dwarfs like apistogramma or german rams.

You could try dwarfs like apistogramma or german rams.
. Thanks I'll look into them. I'm looking for a center piece fish, I thought cichlids normally take on that role.

Your gonna want a little bit larger fish than the dwarfs for a 120. And most larger cichlids would eat small fish like neons. You could do a few pairs of dwarfs though.

image-2965817756.jpg

I'd say that qualifies as center pieces

Your gonna want a little bit larger fish than the dwarfs for a 120. And most larger cichlids would eat small fish like neons. You could do a few pairs of dwarfs though. I'd say that qualifies as center pieces
thanks! What kind of cichlid is that? And would it get along with the smaller fish?

That's is apistogramma cacatuoides male. Maxes about 3" and I keep neons with him to make him and his girlfriends not shy.

This is a female. Amazing differences both beautiful
image-1594405266.jpg

Back
Top Bottom