Comparability question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jllarrea

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey y'all! So now that I've updated my fish tank from a 29 to a 55 gallon I would like to get one more fish to have it as the flashy one in the group. I actually have in there mixed Mbunas that I bought when I first started with cichlids. I know there is red zebra, kenyi, electric yellows, auratus, and labeotropheus fullerboni. There is lots of hiding places and filtration. So I was at Petsmart yesterday buying some stuff and I saw what was labeled as an electric blue African cichlid and I fell in love with it! I instantly wanted to buy it but the last time I bought fish out of excitement I ended up going with the mixed tank. Do y'all know if adding one of those to my current stock would be a good or bad idea as far as comparability goes? I found a picture similar to what the fish looked like. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403442489.924306.jpg

I'm not sure on compatibility, but that is a Sciaenochromis ahli, and is a hap species, so I'd lean towards not adding it to mbuna

The auratus really should be moved out before they mature, a 55 isn't big enough to keep other species with them. The mbuna you have are too hyperactive for the ahli to compete with, and the tank is a bit small for them in any case.

Yup, i agree. Plus, an ahli should probably be kept in a bigger tank than a 55.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquariuml

Got ya thanks! Petsmart had the info on it and it said 29 gallons but I figured that wasn't right. Thank you everyone for your input!

Back
Top Bottom