Compatibility??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nevaehleon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently purchased two African Clawed Frogs and later learned that I couldn't have fish with them. I know a few people that have these frogs and for the most part they say I shouldn't have fish with these frogs, but they should be fine with some species of Cichlids. My friend has AFrican Clawed Frogs with Cichlids and hers do fine. I would like to get cichlids for they tank, but I don't know what kind to get, because I know some speices are agressive and some are not.
Please help,
nevaehleon
:fish2:

Not too sure, someone else may have to clarify, but I think they should be alone. They don't like filters since they're extremely sensitive to noise and water movement, so I'd leave them alone if you could. I dont think they'd thrive with other fish.

I recently purchased two African Clawed Frogs​

The highlighted word is the most important issue, they will kill anything they can get their hands on or if the fish is large enough they will become a quick snack...best left as species only set up with no fish IMO.​

One was sold to my wife as an African dwarf by an ignorant LFS worker. She put it in her tank and I warned her about what it was, but she didn't believe me until her Honey Gouramis started to disappear.

We moved it to a tank with Australian rainbows and it, and the fish were fine.

Back
Top Bottom