Compatibility help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fshfanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pair of frontosa and a pair of clown loach in a 50 gal tank. The frontosa's are currently 1 1/2". Shall I add some more african's in the tank?

If yes, what options do I have? I really want my frontosa's to grow big and develop a hump, so don't want any other fish to bully them.

Both of those fish will eventually require 180+ gallons. Frontosa & clown loaches need to be in groups. So I wouldn't add any fish until you get that part of your stock figured out!

Yea I agree on bichir frontasa grow pretty big and so do clown loach!!! Also bichir could u pm me if available

Hi rocky! It says your inbox is full so it will not let me send anything to you! So delete some messages!

Ik that's so weird there's nothing to delete?!?! So how can I get messages now? Also to the op, clown loaches should be in a school of six as they will form there click and be a lot more enjoyable

Ik that's so weird there's nothing to delete?!?! So how can I get messages now? Also to the op, clown loaches should be in a school of six as they will form there click and be a lot more enjoyable

Hm that's weird! Try deleting your sent messages too that may be what's wrong!

Where can u find ur sent messages? Go to my thread so we don't interrupt his

Thanks for the reply guys, I do understand that eventually they will need a bigger set up. I have it available, just waiting for them to grow a lil big. I will definitely add some more clown loaches. Ive read that they move around together in a group which looks really nice.

Another question: Ive read that loaches are slow growers, is it true?
And what is the growth rate of frontosa, moreover is there something I can do to make sure the male develops a hump?

Thanks for the reply guys, I do understand that eventually they will need a bigger set up. I have it available, just waiting for them to grow a lil big. I will definitely add some more clown loaches. Ive read that they move around together in a group which looks really nice.

Another question: Ive read that loaches are slow growers, is it true?
And what is the growth rate of frontosa, moreover is there something I can do to make sure the male develops a hump?

Both of those fish have slow growth rates and it's awesome to see you have a bigger tank on stand by! I'm not too sure about the whole hump situation I do know it starts to SLOWLY develop all their lives but the mature adults have those huge ones that everyone loves!

Thanks again, I am happy to know that they are slow growers as I do have bigger tanks but they are stocked at this moment?
Il make sure I give them a bigger tank as soon as they get around 3 to 4"

Thanks again, I am happy to know that they are slow growers as I do have bigger tanks but they are stocked at this moment?
Il make sure I give them a bigger tank as soon as they get around 3 to 4"

That'll be excellent!

Well I would add more clown loaches!! Maybe 3-4 more! Since this is a grow out tank u really don't have to worry about overstocking or that. What other fish do u have in mind?

Definitely some loaches and maybe some tetra's. Problem is I don't have any experience with tetra's. Also was thinking of some mildly aggressive africans.

I wouldn't do any Africans. As the frontasa do get pretty big!! Maybe some demasoni barbs would look really nice

Back
Top Bottom