Compatibility Kribensis/Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlotte

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am very tempted to purchase a couple of Kribensis but I'm not sure if they are compatible with Angel fish. I have 1 angel fish (fairly young angel) in my 38gal tank. Here are some of the other fish in my community tank....... platies, otocynclus, harlequins, catfish, neons and 2 plecs (clown/common plec) and 3 lemon tetras.

One more thing... Are kribensis compatible with Clown loaches. I wanted to buy 3 of those to add to my tank.

Charlotte

I picked up 4 Kribs a couple weeks ago myself. I've seen several warnings that they can be fin nippers. So far the ones I have are more likely to be eaten than nip at my angels. But they are still pretty small (about 1.5inches) and the angels are nearly full grown. I'll have to wait and see how things go when they get bigger and decide to start breeding. If things get mean, someone will be leaving the tank.

One question though, that's a pretty long list of fish types for a 38 gallon. Are you sure you have the bio-laod capability for that many fish plus kribs?

my kribs tend to stay at the bottom of the tank. however, if they decide to breed, they can kill other fish in the tank. just depends on how aggressive yours are. Mine forced a rummy and SAE to jump the tank, and another rummy to wedge himself behind equipment, until he suffocated.

breeding kribs need their own tank, so if you don't wanna breed them, get two of the same sex. (they'll breed without much effort on your part)

From all of my colleagues whom are angel keeper's, they strongly recommend not mixing kribs with them. They had first hand experience and it didn't go well at all.

I aree with Jchillin I have tried this and it did not turn out pretty my beautiful Angel's fins were torn to pieces :cry: So all and all I wouldn't recommend it.
Hope This Helps

Hi,

I guess I won't be buying any Kribensis. They'll have to go in another tank. I could always put them in my 20 gal tank. No point in risking the heatlh of my beautiful angel. I will buy a pair of clown loaches instead.

thanks for the info.

charlotte

I agree, don't put those kribs in with Angels. The kribs love to nip at flowing fins. I personally love the look of the Kribensis, but haven't had much luck with them. I bought 3 a while back and had to return 2 due to severe aggression. I still have a juvenile female that I am keeping an eye on and she will have to find a new home if she gets psycho on my like the other two.

Back
Top Bottom