compatibility question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would either a peacock or convict cichlid be kept with a pearl gourami, female beta(very calm), killis, rainbows, serpae tetras and a spotted Raphael cat?

It's a 55g with 3 PVC pipes, 2 rock arch/caves, driftwood arch and about 16 real/fake plants.

No would be the short answer IMO. Maybe look at some other of the calmer, smallish cichlids. Maybe keyhole, festivum, or a rainbow?

And if neither the peacock or convict would work would an eartheater, fairy(what my lfs calls them) or bumble cichlid work?

I ask cause my lfs has all of these in the same 125g tank with rainbow sharks, upside down cats and black neons

I would say no, firstly cichlids from different continents should not be mixed because the have different levels of agression and food/water requirements. African cichlids like the bumblebees and Peacocks can be extremely aggressive and should only be kept with other fish from Lake Malawi and Snyodontis cats fish. The fact that your LFS has all those fish in one tank is IMO irresponsible fish keeping.

The only thing you could possibly add is some of the fish HN1 suggested.

Reactions: HN1
Back
Top Bottom