Convict cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftover food or more so algae eater?

I like Plecos and San Raphael Catfish. I know that there are other tough cats out there that can scurry around the bottom.

Jewel_cichlid03 said:
Whats the max size on aff's i heard like 5 -6 in but im not sure ?

That's about right. They grow pretty quick, and I have zero problems with any aggression towards/from him.

sounds really good i think im gona go with aff's , but how are they with fry ? I know ill have to seperate the fry incase i ever decide to breed but jw?

Jewel_cichlid03 said:
sounds really good i think im gona go with aff's , but how are they with fry ? I know ill have to seperate the fry incase i ever decide to breed but jw?

Unfortunately, they will eat fry.

As long as i dont try to leave them in there for any extended amount of time i think the two adults could defend them against the aff for a lil while

I agree with all the cats listed. I personally love raphael catfish and I personally think in my opinion most plated catfish will work.

Convicts with fry can and will hold their own against almost any fish....also convicts will breed like it or not lol there like rabbits.

Back
Top Bottom