Convict Cichlid Temperature setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, i got a new heater, works amazing. I just need to know the exact temperature for him. At the moment, the temperature is at 76-78 degrees.
Please help, very confusing on google, some say 70, some 75, some 78, some even 84.

78-80F is fine for Central Americans, there is no reason contrary to what some recent threads state that it needs to higher than that.

Hey, he'll die eventually at any temperature, but while he's at 89 it will be one heck of a happy & healthy ride. :dance:
Not really, because he will become more aggressive, and have a way faster metabolism and higher chances of death.

Raising the temperature does shortens the fish's lifespan but they grow faster and are much more active meaning they eat more leading to frequent water changes...idk how drastic it really shortens life im guessing like a year or so but i mean there are pros and cons to each

I breed Cryptoheros nanoluteus and i keep the tank about 78

My tank is at like 77F at the moment. Perfect for my two fish(Oscar and convict).

Back
Top Bottom