Convict fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tdemler68

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Was told by multiple sources that my fry would be safe with tetras! Took the fry out of my cichlid tank and moved to my planted 10g in hopes to help them survive. As soon as they hit the water the tetras swarmed them!! Very few made it out of close to 150 that I had. Luckily I left a few with the parents who are protecting them viciously. Just a word of advice, tetras and mollys will eat your fry!!

I wish I would've been here to tell you convict fry need to just be with their parents even guppies will eat them I know I've bred convicts plenty of times

I wish I would've been here to tell you convict fry need to just be with their parents even guppies will eat them I know I've bred convicts plenty of times

This is my first set of fry so I had very little knowledge about what to do haha. I only had the parents for a week so it was very unexpected. It was also in a 55 gallon tank with 10 other cichlids

The other cichlids will get to them at some point.. would take the breeding pair and put in a 20 gallon long if you are considering keeping the fry to sell or what..
I know that convicts are awesome and ferocious parents.. But knowing cichlids.. Some fry drift.. It will be food

Back
Top Bottom