convict not eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishBoy185

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok I have a female convict all by herself in a 55 gallon tank. I fed her tetra cichlid pellets and tetra cichlid flakes 3 times a day, now I have cut back and now im only feeding her 2 times a day well this morning she was active and ate all the food but when I went to feed her now she just stayed in her cave, she didnt come out what so ever. Is she just adjusting or is there a problem? Please help

Thanks

Those are really frequent feedings, I feed my fish once a day, sometimes once every two days. She might just be full, give her some time.

I see nothing really wrong with the frequency. A lot of people commonly feed 3-5 times depending on the stage of a fishes life they're in.

Did you just move her to the 55? Is she still a juvenile? If so, being young and a cichlid she's going to need some time to learn the new surroundings and feel safe before she's comfortable.

Shes a juvenile and shes been in the 55 for a week

I had a 1.5" firemouth and 2" convict that hid for about a month before they warmed up to me. It was also around the time I added some black skirt tetras to act as dithers which did the job pretty well to coax them out of hiding.

She's still a baby and alone in that huge tank. Give her some dithers or some time and she'll be fine. There's also the egg possibility, but I think it's the former.

Back
Top Bottom