Convict tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosh96

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering what kinds of cichlid can be safely housed with a single Convict?

The one I have is a 55. I might sell it for a 90 if my parents will let me.

you could do alot im not very up to date with SA/CA but you could house another convict and a JD maybe. I could very possibly be wrong about the JD but another convict would be fine

Its empty. I still need to fill and cycle it, though. I'm thinking about a group of Central/South American cichlids, a group of Malawi mbunas, or a group of Malawi haps. Can you recommend any one of the three?

Its empty. I still need to fill and cycle it, though. I'm thinking about a group of Central/South American cichlids, a group of Malawi mbunas, or a group of Malawi haps. Can you recommend any one of the three?

The first two will work, not together of course, but Haps need a six foot tank. What fish do you have access to? As far as stocking mbuna will generally have more fish than SA/CA unless your going small like ram's or apistos.

Alright. Here's what I'm thinking now. If a single Green Terror can live in a 55, then I'll do that or a Malawi mbuna setup. Either that, or I'll sell the 55 for a 75 and get a Green Terror or a group of mbuna. Or-here's my newest idea-I'll get a 90 gallon tank and get one of the "small" Parachromis species. That would be either P. loiselli or P. friedrichsthalli. Can anyone tell me about either of those species?

Back
Top Bottom