convicts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cejones94

Aquarium Advice Activist
My aunt decided to get me 4 adault and 4or 5 baby convicts from a friend of hers for an early xmas present...she thought i could put them with my labs...i set up my 30 gal tank on the spot wo cycle or anything...ive never not done a cycle but ive heard u can...anything special i need to do????

My aunt decided to get me 4 adault and 4or 5 baby convicts from a friend of hers for an early xmas present...she thought i could put them with my labs...i set up my 30 gal tank on the spot wo cycle or anything...ive never not done a cycle but ive heard u can...anything special i need to do????

They will murder each other. Retain maybe two of the babies and get rid of the rest. Plus, you will be overwhelmed with fry. To solve the fry problem, perhaps add some sort of catfish or pleco?

Well ive had convicts b4...they wont kill eachother...water peramiter wise...how do i do it so no fish die

You have to check lvl's ever day and do water changes based on the readings. Expect lots of water changes. I not kidding. A lot! The bio load from the convicts is I sure high.

I would also pull a big mesh bag of gravel or filter cartridge if you have one to spar out of your main tank to seed the 30. It will really help cut the cycle time down. There is a link to a fish in cycle in my sig. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom