Could I get some advice please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nate8173

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a True Albino Angelfish and it seems to be doing well. I am a bit confused because when I turn off the light, it swims around a bit and is more lively. But when I turn the light on, it kind of "sinks" to the bottom and does not move much. Is it scared Maybe?
Thanks everyone! [emoji2] 1503977190587.jpg

I just bought a True Albino Angelfish and it seems to be doing well. I am a bit confused because when I turn off the light, it swims around a bit and is more lively. But when I turn the light on, it kind of "sinks" to the bottom and does not move much. Is it scared Maybe?
Thanks everyone! [emoji2] View attachment 303182
The PH and everything are normal by the way [emoji3]

Nate, provide more and taller cover for your angelfish. Tall plants, fake or real work well with angels. They also do better in groups rather than solo. If the albino has pink or clear eyes, logic dictates that the fish would likely be more sensitive to light. I've never kept an albino fish of any kind so that is just an educated guess. Good luck.

Nate, provide more and taller cover for your angelfish. Tall plants, fake or real work well with angels. They also do better in groups rather than solo. If the albino has pink or clear eyes, logic dictates that the fish would likely be more sensitive to light. I've never kept an albino fish of any kind so that is just an educated guess. Good luck.
Thanks for the help!

For now, until I can get some plants, I'm going to cover it with a blanket. Will that work?
Also, I took one of my light bulbs out to lessen the light and it did not help much. A bit of time to adjust might be good for it, because I just put it in the tank a few hours ago.

Best to give the fish some heads up on the light. say turn on the room light so it isn't too dark and all of a sudden bright for the fish.

Also any fish needs some darkish quiet time when they first get put into a tank, and yes if it has pink eyes it can be more sensitive to lights.

Best to give the fish some heads up on the light. say turn on the room light so it isn't too dark and all of a sudden bright for the fish.

Also any fish needs some darkish quiet time when they first get put into a tank, and yes if it has pink eyes it can be more sensitive to lights.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom