Curious about blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

N8sobes1216

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 20 gallon community tank, will blue rams be okay in there? I was thinking 2 probably. And do they like being alone? Or do they need to be in a pair?

GBR are best in pairs..
Make sure you have MALE FEMALE *** they can be very unforgiving to eachother in competition for a mate.
They prefer water over 80 and less may cause stress for them IMO.
I breed and sell GBR[among other fish] so contact me if you are interested in a nice pair...

Guppies and rams prefer completely opposite water....
Although I subscribe to not altering your water the temperature requirements are best followed and gupps like cooler then rams big time IMO...
80 is min. for rams IMO...
The tetras and betta may be ok ,what kind of pleco?They hamper water quality in a big way...

Guppies and rams prefer completely opposite water....
Although I subscribe to not altering your water the temperature requirements are best followed and gupps like cooler then rams big time IMO...
80 is min. for rams IMO...
The tetras and betta may be ok ,what kind of pleco?They hamper water quality in a big way...

I have a bristlenose pleco

BNP are fine as long as you stay on top of your water.
Guppies will live fine in elevated temps like what rams like but many / most say it shortens their lifespan..

IMO rams need to be #1 fish in the tank.
Even I don't have any in my community tank anymore.
They really do best in a tank of their own or at least that they are boss of and the tank is set for them.

Back
Top Bottom