Demasoni and Apple Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debbieg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I'm doing some rearranging in one of my tanks, and I'd like to be able to temporarily move a few small apple snails into a tank that currently contains some small demasoni. Anyone kept these two together, or would the demasoni just think I was giving them a treat.

Thanks a bunch,
Debbie

I agree that they should be okay, but keep a close eye on things; it's possible the demasoni could pick at the snails, causing injury.

Hi,

I wanted to thank both of you for the quick responses. Since neither of you sounded certain that they'd be safe, I decided to put the babies in a shallow bowl and float it in the top of the tank that I was working on. This kept them from getting lost in the black gravel. I thought they would try to crawl out of the bowl, but they were really well behaved and stayed put.

Thanks again,
Debbie

I agree with putting them in a small bowl. If they are tiny the demasoni might just try to snack on them. They may not but why chance it. Most of my cichlids will nip at snails.

Back
Top Bottom