Demasoni/Yellow Lab tank for beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its not 100% neccessary but it helps alot with strength and dispersing the impact if any fall.
To some, my tank might be overloaded but it works for me and my fish. When its overstocked it allows them all to still have their own space even when sleeping.1485265511138.jpg

Oh ok. Hey what kind of filter media do you use? I bought that fluval 306 and I just put what came with it in there...I didn't know if I should replace anything with something different or not

Well i have recently placed some lime sponge sheets, and a couple carbon sponges. I bought them on dr.fosters for less than $5. Other than that i use whats with the filters. I have the cascade 1000 canister filter, the aqueon quiet flow 75 HOB and the aqua tech 60 HOB. My water is forever crystal clear and good flow and movement.

Ok thanks I wasn't sure... cuz I have heard a lot of ppl don't use the carbon and several ppl use the bio max...I am clueless bcuz this is the 1st canister filter I have ever owned. Check out my mean little fish this morning[emoji6] ...they sure are beautiful for as small as they still are ..lol[emoji7]
1485361279100.jpg

I love it buddy! They look great!!!

Ive heard not to use it unless you're taking meds out of the tank but they came with the canister and the HOBs and my parameters are fine so i leave them in. If i have to med my tank ill remove them

Ok thanks..yeah that makes sense! I'm not even sure what the bio max media is I guess I will Google it...lol..I was gonna run to the fish store today and it's 30 miles away so I have to know what I gotta get cuz I don't go that often..lol

Oops! Well after looking at my manual on mine I see that I already have the bio max..I guess that's the ceramics rings...and then I also have carbon and then the bio foam and polishing pads... I don't really know which ones I need or don't need yet..I know I can get ammonia remover and floss and zeo carb and many more...lol...I don't know why there has 2 be so many and I only have 3 baskets[emoji23]

Well you dont need anything but filtration really unless you have a severe problem with your tank. Most all your issues should be solved manually though before buyin ammonia removers, etc... sounds like you have what you need. Those should last you until they deteriorate

No everything is great with the tank and water is crystal clear...well then, that was easy...guess I will just go 2 the fish store for decor...I do need another plant...hehe

Haha that works although 30 miles is rough just for decor... mine is about 20 miles away. Unless i have something very specific and im feelin impatient i just order things from dr.fosters... usually cheaper if you have a bigger order and theres a better variety. Ive spent way too much at the local stores cause once i walk in i cant contain myself haha

Same here!! Once I walk in, I can easily find $100 worth of stuff that I "need" to have!! Haha!! I have to go to that town today anyway and I know I can't go there without stopping by the fish store...but yeah I use Dr fosters too, that's where I got that large bamboo plant that I just got for my tank

Back
Top Bottom