Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dt524

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all,

Im really starting to get into discus i think they are gorgeous fish. Well I just wanted 1 discus and I was wondering can i put it in a 29 gallon tank with a pair of angels and some dither fish? Like tetras ect

The angels and dis. might bicker a bit and once the discuss get bigger, (they grow REALLLLLLY slow) they'll eat tetras

What do other peoples thinks?

Discus are community fish. won't do well alone. also, 29 will only serve as a growout. need to upgrade later.

I wouldn't mix angels and discus together. Angels can be carriers of diseases that can affect discus. Also the angels are more aggressive than discus and the discus may not get enough to eat or be stressed. Also as mentioned they are happier in groups and a 29 gal is too small for more than one discus.

agreed. They like to be in groups, and will outgrow a 29. If you can, get a 55, stock it with 3 discus, a pair of angels, and some dither fish. That would be the best setup for what you want IMO.

Thanks guys for your help. Im happy I asked you guys before I made a trageic mistake

Back
Top Bottom