Discus Ideas!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome! Upload pics when you get them. Their patterns may be a little weird looking and if they are the ones I'm thinking of they are really small and not very colorful but you'll still love them

Fallout801 said:
Awesome! Upload pics when you get them. Their patterns may be a little weird looking and if they are the ones I'm thinking of they are really small and not very colorful but you'll still love them

I'm still so excited!!! Yes they are going to be so small like 2" they said.
Any advise, comment!!!!

Fish4bass8 said:
I'm still so excited!!! Yes they are going to be so small like 2" they said.
Any advise, comment!!!!

Wait... Jkjk I am not ordering them from where I thought I was bc they have a not-so-good reputation

Fish4bass8 said:
I found a great lookin order on aquabid
10- 2" discus fish for $120 and $68 shipping
Should I go for it?

They are blue pigeon blood hifin what will these look like when they get bigger?

Would highfin just be another name for bulldog or something because I don't really like the look of bulldogs :S

pattyfurg said:
Would highfin just be another name for bulldog or something because I don't really like the look of bulldogs :S

Last thing I read said high fin and bulldog is different apparently bulldog is considered a deformity by some.

Teakwood said:
Last thing I read said high fin and bulldog is different apparently bulldog is considered a deformity by some.

Ya if there is any sort of deformity in the fish I don't like it.

That is what I ended up doing. That is where I did buy from!! A breeder on aquabid. Ordered them today and will be shipped wednesday for a Thursday delivery!!
And ideas on what to do on how to acclimate them? (first time doing a shipping order)

Ha!! Lol! Got an extra! So 11 for $188 but they have $40 back bc there was a cheaper shipping option! So for $148 I get 11 discus!!!!:):):):):):)

I'm prob to late but you should drip acclimate if u have enough water? Put them Ina bucket with their water and use a air line to siphon the tank water they are going to into the bucket very slowly tie a knot in the line to slow the drip. I usually do this for a few hours when the bucket gets more full dump that water and start filling it again till your confident they are fully acclimated.

Jesse gives good advise with the drip acclimation. Better safe than sorry. I usually end up adding a cup of water to the bag once every 10-15 minutes 3 to 4 times. What size are these little guys? Their foreheads look a little flat but I'd they are still very young that may be okay. I would make sure to feed them high quality, high protein diet 4 times a day to get them growing good. Poor diet and poor water quality can lead to stunted growth (often times signs of a "flat" forehead) feed them tons and clean the water just as much! With that many discus and that much protein I would suggest check your water daily until you know your water. Will probably have to change water every other day 30-50%. Keep a look out for any dark, inactive discus as this is your first sign of trouble. Good luck. I'm excited for you!

Back
Top Bottom