discus tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had discus about four years ago in a 29 gal. they were growing, had great color ect. Question is I'm tearing down my 20 gal. Long and moving everything to a 40 gal breeder (Sw) Is a 20 gal long not tall enough, 13inches. I'm thinking it is not tall enough.

I had discus about four years ago in a 29 gal. they were growing, had great color ect. Question is I'm tearing down my 20 gal. Long and moving everything to a 40 gal breeder (Sw) Is a 20 gal long not tall enough, 13inches. I'm thinking it is not tall enough.
just curious but how many did you have and was it fully stocked over stocked or under?? thanks

Thanks, I didn't think a 20 gal long would work. Maybe I'll go with shellies since my tap water is hard. Got to do some thinking about what I want.....

T-man02 said:
just curious but how many did you have and was it fully stocked over stocked or under?? thanks

I had three medium size discus in the 29 gal. Had a 55 ready to set up for them, but the unthinkable happen. Came home after work and they were dead, my heated malfuctioned......

Back
Top Bottom