Discus tank up and running!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessiicaxrosex3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Took a whole lot of everyones tips and put it into one tank. Dechlorinator wise, substrate wise, water change/levels wise, and here we are today stock wise! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415673434.844656.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415673471.496827.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415673489.019899.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415673513.814054.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415673521.667509.jpg

My word, that's a fair bit of money spent in one go! Good luck with them. What size tank? Probably best to keep the temperatures quite high.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Congrats on getting it up and going !! Great job with stock level. Looks to be five in there. What size did you settle on ? Just a word of caution as I don't see the neon tetras being there too long as their max temp is about 74° and generally not considered good tank mates for Discus. Best of luck with them and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Congrats on getting it up and going !! Great job with stock level. Looks to be five in there. What size did you settle on ? Just a word of caution as I don't see the neon tetras being there too long as their max temp is about 74° and generally not considered good tank mates for Discus. Best of luck with them and keep us posted.

Aren't those cardinals or am I completely off?

Gorgeous tank and fish!

They're cardinals which are ok with the heat but hit and miss whether they get eaten or not. Some say they work well others say not.

Weve had three discus in the tank for over a month and the 20 or so cardinals for probably two or three at 84 and are all thriving. Since, we just added four more, have just been waiting for the Lfs to get in a healthy variety of didcus at the perfect size. They are in a 55, not planning on adding any other tank mates.

My apologies on the neon claim. That was pre coffee with one half open. The cardinals should do well.

:eek:

Beautiful fish, but I'd have to hire a maid to do the WCs for me. :lol:

Lol. My girl and I will split it depending on who's scheduled to work what hours at each of our regular jobs and then the other shifts we do with our volunteer FF/EMT positions we both hold down. On top of that, she's got classes this semester and mine will be next. And I forgot to mention the 2 other tanks, another being upgraded, 1 hamster, and 2-100 pound GSD's. ??. Life is way cool around here !!!

We do atleast 50% wc everyday now, its a lot of work but we finally found a system that works out with tubing and less work. The fish gods heard my prayers ? the 125 is a whole other story

Nice work! Can't wait to see.them get biiigggggggg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We do atleast 50% wc everyday now, its a lot of work but we finally found a system that works out with tubing and less work. The fish gods heard my prayers ? the 125 is a whole other story

Congrats Jessica !!!!! I'd say figuring out your own system is probably the toughest part of the whole deal. Now you've got it licked, ?????. Keep up the drear work and of course, PICS (please) !!!!

Back
Top Bottom