Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Discus tankmates

Hey, I have 6 discus with 12 neon tetras, 9 glow light rasboras and a gold nugget Pleco in a 75 gallon tank, is this enough or not? If I can add more fish what fish would be best?

Old 03-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would say that you're fully stocked now. IMO, don't add anything more. You may want to consider rehoming the pleco to another tank, if you have one available. Plecos can latch on to a Discus' side to feed on the slime coat. Never seen it happen, but seem to hear a lot of stories . . . If you move the pleco, you could probably get by with a small group of cories or kuhli loaches to clean up any food that sinks to the bottom. However, if you plan to breed your discus, it would be best if they were the only fish in the tank.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Ok thanks for the info, I will see if I can move that Pleco, and I do not plan of breeding the discus as of now

Tags
ate, discus, mate, tan, tank, tankmate, tankmates

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com