Do I have too much rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pollex.jaypee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have mostly mbuna in here. Does the tank look really crowded with these rocks? Do you think I have too much? Thank you very much.

2chastv.jpg

I like it. The more places to hide, retreat and explore the better in my opinion. And there is swimming space too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you very much for your insights!
I just find my rocks too cluttered, but I can't seem to imagine an arrangement where I can make them look neat while at the same time provide plenty of caves and hiding places.

I think it looks great, not an African guy, think so long as there's multiple territories/caves it should work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If anything I like this better than some of the barren Cichlid tanks. It looks nicer and gives them plenty of hiding places.

Caleb

The amount of rocks looks fine. But the shape and texture of them clashes to make an unnatural look which might be whats bothering you.

Try taking a look at lace rock. Its all interestingly shaped and simple to stack to make caves. With enough of it you can make rock formations that looks more natural.

This is an old pic of the cichlid tank i used to have. Quite a bit more rock was added after this, but its a good visual of lace rock.

75748-albums12568-picture63380.jpg

I agree with Mebbid. IMO, lace rock and most Africans go well together.
The rock grips together nicely when stacking it up. Its fun to rearrange it after pwcs and give it a new look.
It helps raise the Ph too.
The downside is it is pricey.

Depending on where you are, lace rock can be a little pricey.. If the look is bugging you, maybe go for a rounded rock tank or a sharp rock tank.. I personally like how it's looking right now though

Depending on where you are, lace rock can be a little pricey.. If the look is bugging you, maybe go for a rounded rock tank or a sharp rock tank.. I personally like how it's looking right now though

I bought mine online. I think it was a little over $1 per pound. Not too bad of a price.

Back
Top Bottom