Do your Angels Dance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomK2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, when I enter the room, all the fish take notice and start hanging out where the food gets dropped in. But my Angelfish just go nuts!!!!! The come right to the front of the glass, and put on a little show. They wiggle and shake with their noses right up against the glass and looking right at me. They dart, then dance, then dart, then dance until i put the food in. It is quite comical.

I bet I am not the only one, either!

No Tom, you are not alone. When I first observed this behaviour, I thought something was wrong with them (or me). My research allowed me to discover that not only do angels recognize us...they are looking to be fed.

My angels have become so insane, they will no longer "hunt" for food. They just stay right at the water surface, waiting with the eager mouths open. They will take worms right out of your hand!

I also give them a ton a credit for their eyesight. I once "hid" on the opposite side of the tank and they found me very quickly!

I"ll have to try hiding on the other side of the tank. My angels are very animated at food time, they follow my hand around when I drop the food in. It will be interesting to see if they find me on the other side of the tank before I drop the food in. :smilecolros:

Back
Top Bottom