Does anyone know what type of mbuna this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedZebra24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's mainly brownish in color but sometimes shows lighter colored stripes. I assume its some type of zebra but whenever someone asks, I just call it my brown cichlid lol.

image-2761848398.jpg

image-1463335095.jpg

It's got sort of an orange hue on its dorsal fin. It's kind of hard to tell because he got pretty beat up a few months ago, but he's almost 100% back to normal. Still kinda timid.

Ok cool, thanks. I'm sure once I get my 75gal going, he'll beef up and get some color!

This doesn't look like a Mbuna to me atleast not in the pictures. It looks more like a female hap of some sort. It looks very similar to my female electric blue hap or a female peacock cichlid.

Really? When I purchased it, it was in an assorted mbuna tank. It looks just like my other ones, shape-wise. It just didn't hit a growth spurt when my others that size did. Hmm

What does it look like full-grown? This little dude has looked the same for a long time! I'm getting anxious. Lol

I looked up the ice blues and that very well could be it. I thought it was a male because of the egg spots, but the coloration and shape of the females are almost identical to mine

Egg spots are not a geed way to sex fish. Females have egg spots as well as males.

Back
Top Bottom