Dwarf cichlid electric blue rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashbby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello my male rams have both been flashing/ rubbing maybe 1-3 times per day since yesterday... :/ thoughts? IMG_6808.jpgIMG_6816.jpg I think I should edit and add that my water was just tested yesterday and everything came back tip top! I'm starting to stress out!

If you don't notice any spotting, fungus or cysts and the fish are otherwise acting normally, then your male rams are probably "Displaying". It's a dominance thing that many varieties of male cichlids do. I see it everyday in my tanks. Perfectly healthy dominant males shaking, glancing off rocks and gravel all to intimidate weaker fish. Often times after WC's fish will exhibit the same behaviors due to slight changes in water chemistry. Hope this helps.

It really did help, because I can't see any visible signs of sickness so it's driving me about crazy. I was unsure if rams did this kind of thing occasionally for some reason. I really needed to hear this. I will be keeping a very close eye on everybody though to make sure no signs of illness, thank you again.

If they you start seeing it more often it could be early stages of ich or parities just keep an eye on it otherwise as stated above it s normal for them to do it every now and then but you will. Know if some guns wrong if your watching

If they you start seeing it more often it could be early stages of ich or parities just keep an eye on it otherwise as stated above it s normal for them to do it every now and then but you will. Know if some guns wrong if your watching

Okay thank you. I'm really praying it's not a parasite or ich. I'll be really terrified. I haven't exposed my tank to any fish with ich. So I really hope it's not that

Back
Top Bottom