Dwarf Cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My male has been more social but I haven't seen my female in about a week. There's so much foliage its hard to find her.

I just got four rams a couple days ago and they've entranced me. Luckily for me I'm pretty sure I got two pairs, and the females are already getting some breeding colors. They settled in right quick. It was cute to see one of the pairs chase the severum away from their piece of driftwood, it looked like a David and Goliath story.

Attachments

• image-291055673.jpg
    image-291055673.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 65
Your setup looks really nice and those rams are gorgeous. I went to my lfs yesterday and how tempted was I? Extremely :D They had some long finned blues, golds and electric blue rams. They want $39.95 for electric blues! :eek:

Thanks, and yeah it's crazy expensive at LFS'. I got mine from a breeder for $10 each. But you also have to include shipping, then again if you get a big order it's totally worth it. You should check out aquabid.

My rams just laid eggs on some driftwood :) watched her do it. Three days in the tank and already gettin going. How exciting!

Attachments

• image-110520825.jpg
    image-110520825.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 61
That's brilliant! Are they on their own? Hopefully you will get to see the parents raise the fry.

I'm hoping so too. Nope, they are with another pair of rams, a severum and some Congo tetras. The other pair looks pretty close to breeding too the females belly is quite pink. I think they are just deciding on a spot.

Oh man! No fair...;) Hmmm....this has me thinking....I should start breeding these little guys and charge my lfs $10 to buy some back. I get to enjoy them and make a little money.Considering how expensive the electric blues are I am guessing they aren't the easiest to breed. Trouble is I really like the cacatuoides and agasizzi and......Haha :D Decisions, decisions

Electrics aren't any harder than any other mikrogeophagus ramirezi. Personally I lie apistogramma better but rams are number 2.or you could do what I do and get them all!

I'm hoping so too. Nope, they are with another pair of rams, a severum and some Congo tetras. The other pair looks pretty close to breeding too the females belly is quite pink. I think they are just deciding on a spot.

Best of luck with them. I never had any success with spawns until I gave my cichlids their own tanks. They're not dwarfs but behavior wise they are similar.

I feel like I should have eggs by now but I have two loaches and a bunch of corries, as well as a pleco. So that may be why I haven't seen any lol

Electrics aren't any harder than any other mikrogeophagus ramirezi. Personally I lie apistogramma better but rams are number 2.or you could do what I do and get them all!

Yeah...I think you're onto something there. Sounds like a plan :D And I've just discovered a great interstate fs that delivers and they have some very nice apistos...(drawl) Ones that really caught my eye was blue-bodied double red agasizzi.

Yeah...I think you're onto something there. Sounds like a plan :D And I've just discovered a great interstate fs that delivers and they have some very nice apistos...(drawl) Ones that really caught my eye was blue-bodied double red agasizzi.

Agassiziis have some of the best color morphs

Back
Top Bottom